Memorial Day is a special time to honor those who sacrificed their lives in service to our country. It’s also the perfect time to honor those service members and those serving today by giving back to your community as a volunteer. Here are 5 great ways to celebrate Memorial Day this year, all from the comfort of home.
- Help veterans make history when you team up with the Veterans History Project to collect, preserve and share the personal accounts of American war veterans.
- Take time to say “Thank You” by writing a letter or sending a soldier a message of support.
- Raise funds and lift spirits by donating your old vehicle to national organization of combat-wounded veterans who have been awarded the Purple Heart. Just give them a call and they’ll come pick it up.
- Post a flyer to your online community honoring those who've made the ultimate sacrifice by encouraging your neighbors to donate an hour of their time.
- Help Veterans capture their unique memories by creating a photo album or scrapbook they can then share with their children or grandchildren. Simply ask for the digital images and put it all together online.
Find more ways to volunteer virtually while honoring our heroes. Use keyword "veterans.”