Virtual Veteran Brigade members are volunteers who will utilize content shared by the AARP National Team to broadcast information across a multitude of digital and social platforms. Virtual Veteran Brigade members will help to raise awareness of the latest information supporting people of all ages of Veterans, Military and their Families (VMF) with an emphasis on the 50+.
- Join issue-based information sessions online to receive current and timely VMF related messaging.
- Deliver vetted information across numerous digital platforms online (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Patch, etc)
- Help to identify and engage with other digital platforms that will benefit from an increased online presence of Virtual Veteran Brigade members
- Work closely with the National VMF Team and the Office of Volunteer Engagement to identify emerging issues and practices and share across the Virtual Veteran Brigade members’ network.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Commitment to the goals, policies and priorities of AARP
- Possess strong online and social media skills
- Ability to clearly articulate and communicate ideas both orally and in writing; encourage open communication and shares information
- Possess strong computer skills
- Familiar with web-based learning a plus
- Ability to use web-based video chat technology
- Orientation to AARP and Virtual Veteran Brigade member position
- Technology training including virtual learning and Volunteer Portal
- Specific platform training as needed
- Other skills training and issue briefings as directed by AARP